Jones Melling is recruiting for an experienced Building Surveyor to work in our offices in either Preston or Chester, for clients across the commercial, residential and healthcare sectors.
Location: Preston / Chester
Start date: ASAP
Typical duties will include
- Undertaking typical building surveying duties across the commercial, residential and healthcare sectors across the country such as pre-acquisition surveys, schedules of condition, planned preventative maintenance surveys, RCAs, specific defect surveys, dilapidations, measured surveys, tenant alterations, contract administration, employers agent services and similar;
- Would be working on a variety of different building types, ages and forms;
- Client facing and would be working in a mixture of project teams and individual instructions.
Core qualifications and skills required
- Proficient in the use of typical Microsoft Programmes, NBS and potentially AutoCAD;
- Accredited RICS degree in Building Surveying;
- Not essential to be MRICS, however if not we would progress the RICS APC route with the successful candidate;
- Driving licence;
- Our workload is nationwide thus travel will form part of the day to day;
- Be a team player but also able to manage own workload;
- Be able to work within a multi-disciplinary team.